Ralph Lauren meets Raffles at top lakeside address
Linthwaite House is situated on a hilltop overlooking Windermere, making it the perfect base from which to explore the scenic surroundings.
- Stella Restaurant, utilizing the best local Cumbrian ingredients cooked with Italian flair, inspired by award-winning international chef – Ritu Dalmia
- Tours of our unique art collection and landscaped gardens will be held which will culminate in a leisurely afternoon tea in our Conservatory or picnic in our grounds.
- The Lake District is renowned for being one of the best places to view the night sky, with our hilltop location we have this covered
Hit the Spot
Above the shores of Lake Windermere.
There's a sunny terrace for afternoon tea or cocktails, a wraparound glass-walled conservatory and cosy bar, not to mention lounges with crackling fires in winter.
ClosedOpen all year
ParkingFree guest parking and Tesla charging points available
AirportManchester Airport (MAN) 87 Miles
TrainWindermere 2.6 Miles, Oxenholme 12 Miles
PetsRestricted to your allocated bedroom and the hotel grounds. Your dog is not allowed in the public areas of the hotel, with the exception of guide dogs.
ChildrenChildren of all ages are welcome.
LocationLinthwaite House Hotel, Crook Road, Bowness-on-Windermere, Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 3JA, United Kingdom
30 rooms and suites
Pillow TalkGuests are clamouring to stay in Luxury Hot tub Suite, complete with its own private hot tub.
Eat & Drink
The Stella Restaurant
Visitors can sample some of the finest cuisine in the Lake District, based on locally sourced and organic produce. Menus highlight the best of the Cumbrian region and the season, influenced by international celebrity chef Ritu Dalmia and her passion for Italian cooking.
The BAR and Conservatory
Linthwaite House’s perennially popular light-filled Bar & Conservatory, with outstanding views of Lake Windermere, will be serving handcrafted cocktails, an all-day dining menu (including pizzas to rival those of Florence) and a selection of afternoon teas.
Breakfast is served from 07.30 – 10.30 Mon-Fri and 07.30 – 11.00 Sat & Sun
Available 24 hours.
Activities in the surrounding area:
- Windermere Lake Cruises, Winander House, Glebe Road, Bowness on Windermere, LA23 3HE
- Windermere Golf Club B5284, Windermere, LA23 3NB
- Rookin House Lakeland ActivitiesTroutbeck, Penrith, CA11 0SS